The drop-in center advocate will be the first point of contact for any client or professional seeking information and referrals at our Providence Drop-In Center. This person will be friendly, familiar with community resources, and welcoming to all who seek services through our agency.
- Full time position; Tuesday through Saturday, from ten am to six pm.
- Assist clients with crime victim compensation applications
- Provide information on support services and residential options for victims
- Referrals to domestic violence and sexual assault case management and advocacy programs
- Maintain support service referrals to community resources
- Answer incoming calls to the center and manage the front desk and reception areas
- Maintain program information for partnering agencies
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive binder of community resources
- Maintain postings of information to our clients about community events
- Maintain this data in the EmpowerDB system and provide reports as requested
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- This position requires a comprehensive knowledge of community resources.
- Bilingual fluent English/Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- A minimum of three professional references must be provided with a resume and cover letter.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed; the Principal Duties and Responsibilities are a representative, but not exhaustive list of duties performed.