The Director of Residential Services is a key member of the Blackstone Valley Advocacy Center and is responsible for the day-to-day oversight and evaluation of the residential programs. The ideal candidate is client centered and will have experience in case management, advocacy, crisis management, and community resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Provides oversight and guidance to members of the residential services team to ensure that clients receive the appropriate services and support using a trauma informed approach.
- Oversees Safe Home, Transitional Housing Program and Helpline.
- Ensures that appropriate policies and procedures are developed, maintained and adhered to by all residential staff.
- Works alongside maintenance to ensure repairs are documented and completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain community partnerships related to the residential services programs.
- Provides direction and supervision to the direct service residential staff.
- Facilitate residential staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Maintains a process for daily communication amongst the residential services team.
DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTING
- Completes all residential services statistical reports.
- Compiles, tabulates and analyzes data required by funders to determine program effectiveness, outcomes and measurements, client satisfaction and post shelter stays.
- Using agency software, complete timely and accurate documentation of all services provided to clients and their families.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Provide on-call coverage for the Safe Home as required.
- Represent the agency at community meetings as requested.
- Attends and participate in pertinent agency meetings and training.
- Provides one-on-one advocacy to clients as required.
- Responds to Helpline calls and document following the agency’s procedures
- Maintains confidentiality and completes all job responsibilities in an ethical and culturally competent manner.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience, preferably in a residential setting, with a minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Position requires a valid driver's license and clear background check.